If you are interested in helping with any of events listed below, please contact one of the members of the Home & School Board.
Clearances: Effective July 1, 2015 all in-school volunteers and field trip volunteers are required to have complete clearances. For details and instructions, please click here.
Chairperson Opportunities: The following events are in need of 1 or 2 individuals to act as chairperson or co-chairperson. If you are interested in taking on a leadership role for any of these events, please mark which event when completing your blue form or contact a member of the Home and School board.
- Art Fundraiser: Coordinate with art teacher for projects, coordinate with product vendor, and manage volunteers to ensure appropriate classroom coverage and for order processing and distribution.
- Basket Raffle– Date TBD (ideally take place during dance night). Plan the event, identify donors, coordinate the collection of donations and oversee volunteers. Note: This event will ideally have 2 chair people.
- Beautification – Coordinate the decoration of the inside and outside of the school for various seasons and holidays.
- Dance-themed Family Night – TBD looking at January-February 2017. Plan the event, oversee volunteers, and communicate to parents/students.
- Family Nights – Date TBD i.e. Fit Night, Movie Night, Bingo Night.
- School Store – Manage merchandise, volunteers and receipts. Candidate would ideally be available to man the store during school hours.
- Secret Santa Shop– Event is held from 9-2 on a Saturday during November or December. Duties include planning of event, purchasing items and overseeing volunteers.
- Winter Family Festival– Event is held from 9-2pm on a Saturday in November or December. Assist in planning the event. The goal is to have an overall chair plus chairs for each “committee”.
What type of events are planned for the year?In addition to those events listed above with open chairperson opportunities, here is a list of events/fundraising activities that we are planning to host this year. More specifics on the volunteer requirements to be shared at a later date.
Color Me Fun Run
Teacher & Staff Appreciation
Secret Santa Shop